To learn more about how to use your Apple Trackpad on your laptop, you can view Apples built in guide located in your computers System Preferences menu.
Navigate to Trackpad menu
- Click on the “System Preferences” icon
- You can find the icon in your Dock1 (bottom of your screen). If not, click the Launchpad2 icon (also in the dock) to view all your application icons
- Click on the “Trackpad” icon in the System Preferences menu3
Here you will find different types of options for your Trackpad. Each option is shown along side a small “how to” video. To view the video example for each option all you need to do is move your cursor over the option (no clicking) and the video example will play (on repeat)
- Dock – The bar at the bottom of your screen that has application icons
- Launchpad – A built in app that allows you to view all applications currently install on your computer. Usually located in your dock.
- System Preferences Menu – This is all the settings and options for your computer and iCloud are located. To view a category, click on the icon you want to view. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, you can type use the search tool in the top right of the system preferences window and the computer will highlight options that should be what you’re looking for.